Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh, P.S., We Moved!

Haha, by the way, we moved! 2 months ago! Now, let me clear my case: 1). I did not forget to post. I have been SO busy for the past while, with school, babysitting, piano, rehearsals, and performances. Another reason I haven't posted anything is that there is so much to post, the task is intimidating. So I put it off. 2). The allotted time between us thinking about(or us kids knowing that our parents were thinking about) moving, putting our house up for sale, and moving was about 3 months. Seriously.
Our house sold SO quickly-the sign went up Thursday night, the house went on MLS Friday morning, the future buyers walked through the house Friday and Saturday, and we had a signed contract Wednesday(January 27). We had a signed contract on the house that we own now on Saturday.
We moved in on March 24. Everything went so fast that I was slightly in shock through the entire thing, so had no time to comprehend the "seriousness of the situation". But my last night in our old house-man, I hate calling it that-was pretty traumatic. I think Holly was about to scream if I said "I can't believe this is our last night in this house. I will never see these walls again, I will never look out the window at our friends playing soccer in the coldesac again, I will never walk up this long driveway again, I will never get my clothes out of this closet again, I will never make food on this stove again, etc., etc., etc."
I'll have a separate post about our new house, and the changes it brings. Hmm, that one will take a while... :)
Here are some pictures of the 22nt:

The boys' room
The hall
Kayli's room (ok, the room Kayli used to be in. Kind of my room. Just where I kept some of my stuff. And it had a bed in there so I could sleep there if I got home late from babysitting, or if I just needed alone time I could go there. That was really nice.)
Um, my mattress. Needed some place to put it while taking down the bed, and the bathroom was elected!
Holly and my mess, er, room.
Taking down the bunk beds.
No monsters under the bed...but pretty much everything else!

Well, this post has been long enough. Love you guys!
-Steph

No comments: